Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Creative Tuesday: Kitchen

The Crowley's kitchen. Complete with George and Georgina's booster seats.
Hello my Creative Tuesday friends. This is my entry for kitchen, it is what one would call very rough, but I wanted to contribute something, especially since I didn't do the last theme (coffee/tea break I do believe) and I feel guilty if I don't particpate in my co-ops after a while. So I just scanned in my sketch and I was just going to draw over my sketch lines so you could see it better and then I felt I had to at least add some color. I have to go back and fix the perspective on the table, so yeah. I actually had a lot planned for this theme (see my idea sheet below) but I started to build myself a new website and got sucked into that (it looks really cute thought).

21 comments:

  1. your kitchen looks all neat and clean...as if the dishes are finally done and the light off for the night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite like the style and the skewed perspective, think it adds character :)Plus your drawing seen through the digital image is pretty cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you use a few colors but add so much personality into the drawing. It was fun to see your idea plan too! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm just about to rush out but so glad I saw this and glad you did it too. I love your style. the sketch idea does look intricate and is fun to see but I love this one too. Light and airy. TY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ..and pictures of mushrooms? Perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I forgot to say just how much I love your new masthead with your characters. GREAT!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice kitchen, I like the light streaming through the windows, that's what I think I see!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like all of your illustrations...this is just awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you've created a clean simplistic look yet have added so much detail,, beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice clean kitchen....until breakfast!!!! You simple lines and colors are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am loving your kitchen! and I spy some mushrooms hanging on the walls! isn't that perfect for Mr. Toast!
    Love your new header, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many interesting lines interwoven with your color choices. Very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great sketch Melissa. I like the perspective and how you caught the light. It will be interesting to see finished.
    And your new header/ banner is cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the simplicity of this with the strong line work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute kitchen! I really love seeing your sketchbook page, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect kitchen illustration! Love it~!
    I too had to rush and get this done because I missed last week too and I felt so bad about that!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lost my comment. Love your little booster seats.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much you guys! Also thanks for liking the mushrooms and my new header. You're all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh and also thanks for noticing the booster seats!

    ReplyDelete